Saturday, February 28, 2015

Nursing Diagnosis

Welcome to our very last week of blogging! Last week we discussed things that nurses can do to help their patients with pediatric Long QT Syndrome. We called these areas to focus on “nursing interventions.” A nursing intervention is a response to a nursing diagnosis. There is a large difference between a nursing diagnosis and a medical diagnosis. A medical diagnosis is where a provider is trying to identify or treat the condition, whereas a nursing diagnosis focuses on how the body physically and psychologically responds to the disease and treatment.

Five key nursing diagnoses that I will discuss during this blog are:

1) alteration in cardiac output
2) risk for death anxiety
3) risk for ineffective health maintenance
4) risk for ineffective individual coping
5) risk for ineffective community coping


1)    alteration in cardiac output

This nursing diagnosis focuses on how LQTS creates a functional challenge for the heart. Any dysrhythmia (mistimed or uncoordinated heart beats) that occur due to LQTS will often cause a change in how much blood is squeezed effectively from the heart. This is just like a pump that isn’t working appropriately. Adhering to a medication routine and/or following provider recommendations for an implanted defibrillator will help prevent the irregular heart beats from occurring, thus keeping cardiac output consistent (Seattle Children’s Hospital 2015).
           
2) risk for death anxiety

            As I have discussed throughout this blog, LQTS can have very serious and fatal consequences if not properly diagnosed and managed. When a provider explains the seriousness of this condition a risk for death anxiety could occur in both the patient and their family. Counseling may be helpful in teaching coping skills to help manage anxiety.

3) risk for ineffective health maintenance

            There are a lot of changes that occur when a patient is diagnosed with a chronic disease. Especially because I’m primarily focusing on pediatric patients in this blog—health maintenance will require both the patient and family to get on board with these sudden new changes. Examples could include creating a colorful visual medication schedule to help the patient and caregivers know when medications are to be taken. Other factors in this nursing diagnosis include: consistent attendance for medical appointments, access to healthcare providers that understand LQTS, etc.

4) risk for ineffective individual coping

With all of the big changes that come with diagnosis of a chronic disease, we must check in to see how the pediatric patient is coping. Many feelings such as fear and stress can come up as a child begins to understand and take ownership of their condition. Age appropriate interventions such as counseling and support groups can be helpful in assisting a pediatric patient in managing their disease.

5) risk for ineffective community coping

This nursing diagnosis focuses on all of the other members of the patient’s life. For example, symptoms of LQTS exacerbations will often be seen when the child is undergoing physical stress such as during PE in school or at an after school sport. Informing teachers and coaches of signs/symptoms/how to best care for this child will be vital in keeping the patient safe. Similarly, it is helpful for all caregivers and family members to learn how to adjust to changes such as a rigorous medication schedule or exercise limitations that occur when a child is diagnosed with LQTS.

Here’s a table that my professor asked us to create demonstrating a break down of one of the examples that I just listed above in a table format.

Nursing Diagnosis
Related to
As Evidenced By
Nursing Intervention
Goal
Risk for ineffective health maintenance
Pt and family do not fully understand scheduling of medications
Unable to describe care coordination of medication administration
Create visual schedule that parents and child can use to track medication administration
Consistent compliance with taking medication


Source:

Seattle Children's Hospital. (2015, January 1). Long QT Syndrome. Retrieved March 1, 2015, from http://www.seattlechildrens.org/medical-conditions/heart-blood-conditions/long-qt-syndrome/


4 comments:

  1. I have long felt a special connection with herbal medicine. First, it's natural, Charlie attended the same small college in Southern California - Claremont Men's College - although he dropped out of school to enroll in the Julliard School of Performing Arts in New York. York. Had he been to Claremont, he would have been senior the year I started there; I often thought that was the reason he was gone when he discovered that I had herpes. So, my life was lonely, all day, I could not stand the pain of the outbreak, and then Tasha introduced me to Dr. Itua who uses her herbal medicines to cure her two weeks of consumption. I place an order for him and he hands it to my post office, then I pick it up and use it for two weeks. All my wound is completely healed no more epidemic. I tell you honestly that this man is a great man, I trust him Herbal medicine so much that I share this to show my gratitude and also to let sick people know that there is hope with Dr. Itua. Herbal Phytotherapy.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. Whatsapp ... 2348149277967
    He cures.
    Herpes,
    Breast Cancer
    Brain Cancer
    CEREBRAL VASCULAR ACCIDENT.
    Hepatitis
    Lung Cancer
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HIV
    Cervical Cancer
    Colo-rectal Cancer
    Blood Cancer
    SYPHILIS.
    Diabetes
    Liver / Inflammatory kidney
    Epilepsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i recieved through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email--- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have herbal cure for COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITICS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, COUGH, ULCER, ARTHRITIS, LEUKEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Imoloa has really made me so much believe in him by getting me cured with his herbal treatment. i really appreciate you Dr.imoloa for bringing back happiness to my life again. thank you so much,friends join me to thank him for what he has actually done for me i pray to you all for a good life and good health, and most especially to you Dr. imoloa Thanks

    I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctors, few months ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the cure of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by this Man Dr imoloa and she drop the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr. imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me. I am now here to testify that i am no longer a herpes patient, I have experience a total transformation in my life,for all herpes patients get your herbal medicine to cure your sickness. And there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all,you can contact him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com, you can still reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098
    CANCER
    EPILEPSY.
    GENPILENCIN.
    HIV AIDS.
    DIABETICS
    STROKE.
    BREAST ENLARGEMENT...PENIS ENLARGEMENT, H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE HUMAN PAPAILOMA VIRUS HERPES. SYPHILIS. HEPATITIS A B and C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Love Spell,psoriasis,Lottery Spell,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility,Tach Disease ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Autism,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma, (measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Allergic diseases.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
    Dementia.,Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffring from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..info@drituaherbalcenter.com / drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete